Monday, June 2, 2014

High Score Strategy in Lifeline

I came up with a simple strategy for setting yourself up for a high score in Lifeline.

Many of you probably were around when I created the firecracker/propane tank strategy that got me to the #2 spot on Breakdown high scores (currently 7 even now). Link with strategy guide: http://stateofdecayguide.blogspot.com/2014/02/easy-high-score-in-state-of-decay.html

Well I have the beginnings of another method that appears to be working for me.

1. Take HOURS to complete the first two missions. Spend all this time with your first character establishing outposts, building your base, and hoarding supplies. Once you complete the second mission, you can switch characters and continue with whatever you have left to build up.
(HINT: During the initial battle that you start the game in, kill the zombies and then run backwards. You will find a backpack filled with grenades and munitions. You'll also find a car, but it might not be a 4 seater.)

2. On your third mission, whatever you choose to make it, get to the point where you have whistling box mines researched. These will be your answer to sieges.

3. You can now survive entirely on supply drops and building whistling box mines.

If you do this right, you will have 60+ resources of all types, all the outposts you need, whistling box mines being pumped out, air drops, etc.

Your two starting survivors will be tired, but it's a small price to pay.

That's what I have so far. I've been experimenting with not turning the quests in and it appears that certain quests never allow the threat meter to increase. This gives you a huge amount of time to stockpile and prepare.

On my first run through I made it to like the 1200th place for score, but I rushed through everything and got the nuclear ending by rescuing Sasquatch. I'm now going to try a slower pace with this method. I'll get back to you with my findings!

No comments:

Post a Comment